Digital Product Design and Management Certificate Program
In partnership with the Fashion Institute of Technology of New York
In partnership withFashion Institute of Technology
14Full days of lectures
2Free weekends of city experiences
Next editionFrom June 3 to 20, 2019
Deadline applications: April 21, 2019
This three-week course, offered in partnership with the Fashion Institute of Technology of the State University of New York, one of the best and renowned fashion and design school in the world, is open to university students who want to acquire a fundamental and at the same time, through knowledge of digital product design and management.
The primary objectives of this certificate program are to develop lateral thinking skills across multiple areas and to introduce the iterative process of digital product design. Through lectures and hands-on exercises, students develop skills necessary for a designer, as well as knowledge of digital branding and marketing strategies.
The programme is structured in a series of frontal lessons and workshops in order to practise with the innovative tools we use in our Campus, like Virtual Reality. At the end of the course, students will make a presentation of their projects to our team.
We are proud to rely on two big names from the Creative Technology & Design department at FIT: classes will be held by Professor C. J. Yeh, FIT’s world-renowned expert in digital branding and interactive media, and Professor Christie Shin, who will teach Typography and Digital Product Design.
Creative Technology & Design (CT&D) is a collection of innovative courses developed with the future of design education in mind. The mission of this specialized subject area is to elevate students’ understanding of advanced design concepts, as well as their command of cutting-edge technologies.
A professor from the Digital Management Bachelor’s Degree of Ca’ Foscari in partnership with H-FARM will co-design the course and will give some lectures during the summer program.
A certificate of completion and an Open Badge will be issued at the completion of the course.
What is a Certificate Program
Certificate programs are abbreviated courses of study in specialized fields that can provide much-needed skills and knowledge in specific areas.
This noncredit course is intended for students who want to gain general knowledge, learn a new skill, upgrade existing skills or develop personal interests.
A certificate of completion and an Open Badge will be issued at the completion of the course.Download the brochure
Take a look inside
Through lectures and hands-on creative studios, students will be able to:
- Apply design thinking methodologies to digital product design;
- Synthesize research findings to define product value propositions;
- Demonstrate understanding of the iterative digital product design process;
- Conceptualize a digital product and analyze product-market fit;
- Apply user-centered, story-based creative process to digital product design;
- Apply the principle of contagiousness to create digital products that are original, engaging, memorable, and also evoke a meaningful emotional response;
- Create low and high-fidelity prototypes to communicate digital product design features and functionalities;
- Understand the principles of digital product life-cycle management;
- Create persuasive presentations for digital product concepts.
What students do during the course:
- Engage in real world challenges;
- Build (problem solving) skills;
- Bond through teamwork;
- Create their own project (product / service);
- Learn while having fun & through experiences (visits);
- Explore new fields as possible future career paths;
- Discover how startups work.
For more information about the program contact us at email@example.com.Download the detailed presentation
From June 3 to 20, 2019
Deadline applications : April 21, 2019