English Writing Certificate Program
Inform, Involve, Persuade.
3hours per meeting
Next editionMarch 15 - 22 - 29, 2019
April 5 - 12 - 19 2019
Over the course of six meetings, designed to be interactive and engaging, participants will accomplish the following:
- Improve writing skills in English with a focus on emails and presentation creation;
- Work on smoothing and correcting some common mistakes that affect the way readers of your writing perceive;
- Learn how to design a reader’s experience using elements of style, persuasion, narrative and emotional resonance;
- Improve verbal communication in English with a focus on public speaking skills: how to present yourself, your ideas and your company to others.
This Certificate is addressed to university students and professionals who should be proficient in English (at least B1 level).
Take a look inside
- Topic 1: The language of Persuasion
After a session on introductions, participants will look at the history of persuasion, the identification of some techniques and a chance to apply these in the modern world. Students will create a company profile to use in future sessions.
- Topic 2: Negotiation
This session will look at techniques used in negotiating and the stages of a negotiation. After looking at some of the language used, including revising conditionals, students will negotiate and improve their skills in real-world scenarios.
- Topic 3: Plans and Reports
This session will look at planning techniques and revise language associated with plans and reports. After revision of both past and future tenses students will look at creating their own plans and then get the chance to write a report reviewing success or otherwise.
- Topic 4: Emails, letters, offers language
How to write more effective letters, emails and proposals. The session will involve a mixture of theory and practise revising both language and persuasion techniques so by the end students will have the tools to self-evaluate and make their writing better.
- Topic 5: Presentations
This session will give a comprehensive look at presentation techniques, with tips on preparing, writing and presenting. The second half of this session will give students a chance to apply the learning from the course as they prepare a presentation, with feedback from the course tutor.
- Topic 6: Final presentation
The students will present and then receive peer feedback on their presentations as well as feedback on presentation and future steps for improving their English.