The startups were welcomed by Ambassador Ettore Francesco Sequi and took part in a Demo Night in Beijing and in a special event organized by TusHoldings.
After spending four months in our Campus fine tuning their projects supported by experts and mentors, the 7 startups selected for the Marco Polo Accelerator went to China for our first Demo Night abroad.
The Italian Ambassador to China Ettore Francesco Sequi received the startups on October 17. Thanks to the Italia Startup Visa ministerial program, we offer our services to the Italian startups and give them the opportunity to engage with Chinese institutions and entrepreneurs. Today, we are the Italian certified incubator which submitted the most applications.
On October 18 the teams flied to Chongqing to meet TusHoldings, China's flagship company in the technological service industry that incorporates TusStar, the biggest startup incubator in the world. Here, they presented their solutions during a dedicated event.
On October 19 the 7 startups presented their projects to an audience of international investors and entrepreneurs during our first Demo Night in Beijing, organized by QWOS, one of the main Chinese investment intermediaries abroad and partner of our acceleration program. As of today, the startups already raised a total amount of €1,4 million of Chinese capitals.
Here are the 7 of the Marco Polo Accelerator:
- Avanix has developed a system to monitor Alzheimer's patients, and an intelligent pacifier to monitor babies' breathing at all times.
- Cryptolab is a cryptographic and cyber-security company which main objective is to bring Cloud Searching Engine to the market.
- Easy Rain aims to improve safety of any wheel vehicle, thanks to an intelligent system of jets of fluid capable of contrasting aquaplaning.
- Pagita is a mobile platform that transforms the automatic vending market using digital technologies.
- Patamu generates a legally and internationally valid proof of authorship for any creative work, allowing to publish and share works safely.
- Teeser is a social network where users can challenge each other by customizing products that can be sold to the community.